Paper at the Saatchi Gallery
Marcelo Jácome, Han Feng and Yuken Teruya
Ancient scanned negatives that have never been to put a use.
It has been beautiful weather in the UK this week, only because I left all my summer dresses at my mamas! I am thankful for stashing some summer tops and sandals under the bed for safe keeping.
Maybe the weather will not last, but it has very much made me look forward to the summer break. I thought making a little list would help influence me to do more than make piña coladas and watch Netflix in my apartment.
- pick up painting, take watercolour everywhere.
- see the Hermes Wonderland at the Saatchi gallery.
- bake the summeriest cake I can discover. (with strawberries. lots of them.)
- read the books piled up next to my side of the bed.
- let the sun soak up my skin and newly frilled bikini.
- try a new ice cream flavour.
- spend a weekend discovering in a new city.
- make Umi a bow tie with one of the lovely Liberty fabrics I refuse to unless for a good reason.
- find a hole-y stone on the beach for my mama.
- keep up the blogging, including my co-owned blog Earl Grey and Lady Grey.
- let the sun also lighten my brown turning grey hair.
- spend some time working for a company who are passionate about art.
- spot an old Fiat 500 in Europe.
- Pick flowers along my travels and press them.
- sit on the beach and look out onto the blue silky horizon.
- create a new piece of wall art.
- buy The Drums on vinyl.
- revisit Dishoom with Umi.
- learn how to french fish braid and other types of plait!
An infinite list will swirl around in my mind.
As long as I swim this summer, I love the cold embrace and salty touch that refreshes you.